In an exciting new category within the WIRED Innovation Fellowships, The Space and WIRED are looking to support innovation and will be funding three Creative Fellows to produce a new digital artwork that has the potential to have an impact on the world, politically, socially, technologically, artistically.
The winners will each receive a £30,000 prize plus training and exposure. The Creative Fellow will produce an artwork that we won’t have imagined before, something that makes us think differently.
This is an international opportunity so we are open to applications from anyone, in any industry, whether that’s fine art, game design, community theatre, protest, social media, new technology or any other area of digital culture. Regardless of your training, background or location in the world, we want to hear from you.
Our three Creative Fellows will have a proven interest in art and technology, and the successful proposals will:
– be original
– be inspiring
– have the potential to have an impact politically, socially or artistically, in the realm of digital culture
You need no formal qualifications to apply. Applications are welcomed from anywhere in the world. All you need is a passion for your work and an idea for a piece of digital art/culture.
The Fellows’ new work will be shown on The Space and WIRED UK online, they will also receive training and mentoring in addition to the full benefits of being a WIRED Innovation Fellow.
The three winning applications will be announced in Spring 2015 and the artworks will be revealed to the public at WIRED2015 in October. The Fellows retain all ownership of their work.
Creative Fellows will receive:
– £30,000 commission
– The launch of your new artwork on The Space, and at Wired 2015
– Funded mentoring and training
– WIRED following the development of your commission
– All benefits of WIRED Innovative Fellows which include:
- Coverage in WIRED’s digital and print publications
- Access to WIRED events
- The opportunity to appear on WIRED conference stages
- A network with Innovation Fellows and conference speakers
- Further support and mentorship that the magazine and its partners can offer
HOW TO APPLY
To become a Creative Fellow download the application form below, and fill out all sections:
1. YOUR BIO AND PERSONAL DETAILS
2. EXAMPLES OF YOUR WORK
3. PROJECT PROPOSAL FOR THE CREATIVE FELLOWS COMMISSION
We must receive your completed application by midnight London time on Sunday, March 1 2015.
Completed applications should be saved as a PDF titled “lastname_firstname_creativefellows2015” and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Creative Fellowships 2015”
We will inform successful candidates by the end of April 2015. Sorry, we cannot enter into correspondence with unsuccessful candidates. The judges for the prize will include Ruth Mackenzie, CEO of The Space and David Rowan. Submissions will be assessed by judges and The Space Creative Fellowship team.