Local travel experts wanted as potential writers of original “local tips” for new destinations on Touring Bird (www.touringbird.com), a new travel tool from Google’s Area 120. “Local tips” are short recommendations of unique things to do, see, or experience in travel destinations around the world.
Abu Dhabi, Amalfi Coast, Amman, Antalya, Beijing, Bengaluru, Bilbao, Bordeaux, Cairns, Canberra, Chennai, Christchurch, Colombo, Cologne, Côte d’Azur (French Riviera), Corsica, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Guangzhou, Hamburg, Hanoi + Ha Long Bay, Hobart, Ho Chi Minh City, Hua Hin, Hyderabad, Ibiza, Innsbruck, Italian Lake District, Jaipur, Jakarta, Jeju Island, Kathmandu, Koh Samui, Krabi, Lyon, Macau, Malaga, Marseille, Maui, Monaco, Munich, Naples, Penang Island, Phnom Penh, Salzburg, Seville, Shanghai, Taipei, Valencia, Wellington + Yangon.
- To be a local expert, you must have lived in or know the destinations you apply for very well.
- You can apply to more than one destination. (Tick off as many as you can confidently write about!)
- Must have high-quality photos to accompany each tip that you have either taken yourself, have permission to use, or are copyright-free. If you don’t have them, you need to be able to procure them.
- Style guidelines will have to be adhered to.
- Amount offered will be between $175 and $525 per destination, depending on the number of approved submissions. (That is, $35 per tip, which is minimum 90 words.)
- You need to be available to work on this project in the next 3-4 weeks.
More details can be found on the application form, apply ASAP!