Are you a student with ambitions to become a writer? Or perhaps you’re more advanced in age yet still dream about sharing your writing passion with others.
Whatever your story, this opportunity could be your big break.
We’re looking for a talented writer to support through the New Writer Scholarship 2015. The scholarship award is $4,000, awarded via PayPal/check/direct deposit.
Who can participate?
- Anyone at least 16 years of age.
- Your submitted work (Short story/Poem/Blog post/Any written material you are proud of) cannot be published earlier as part of a printed book (a “book” is defined as having an ISBN), and your submission has not been submitted to any other printed material that may publish this same work).
- The work must be in English (Your country of residence can be anywhere.)
- Only single individuals can apply. Submissions from a team of two or more will not be accepted.
* You can submit your work to other future competitions/scholarships once the winner is announced. We don’t have any right over your submitted work, nor will we publish it without your consent.
Your work can be written specifically for this scholarship or can already exist – it doesn’t matter! The important thing is that you have a desire to share your masterpiece with others.
Here’s how it works:
Free to apply by November 29, 2015. Winner will be announced on December 23, 2015.
Want more like this? Subscribe to the Modern-Day Nomads newsletter—just $10 for 3-month subscription—to receive 2x/weekly updates of all the best new work-to-travel jobs, arts + literary residencies, creative competitions + top opportunities for free travel.