Aspiring filmmakers, World Nomads wants to send you to San Luis Potosi, Mexico to capture ‘Dia de los Muertos,’ one of Mexico’s most colourful and celebrated holidays. Solo filmmakers or teams of 2 welcome to apply.
On assignment, you will be mentored by veteran filmmaker and director, Brian Rapsey, who will help you hone your craft to become a better storyteller. From your experiences, you will be tasked with producing 4x three-minute travel-themed videos that we will share with the world!
You need to be available to be in Mexico from October 30-November 10, 2014 to participate in the assignment.
Winning filmmaker receives:
- 10-day trip to San Luis Potosi, Mexico
- Round-trip airfare from your country of residence to Mexico
- 10-day professional mentorship from Brian Rapsey
- Rode Microphones gear: A Video Mic Pro with an XLR adaptor, Smart Lav, Lavalier Mic, plus accessories
- Travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads
To apply, submit your video of 3 minutes or less via the official World Nomads entry page. Only one entry per person or team accepted.
Free to apply; entries close September 17, 2014 at 2PM (AEST).
Want even more arts and creative opportunities for travelers? Get new ones every Friday when you subscribe to our newsletter!
Do you have an arts residency, creative competition or opportunity that you’d like us to feature? Feel free to contact us via email or one of our social media channels. Please note: We can only feature those that don’t require program fees (beyond a standard application fee) to participate. Thanks!