Enter your amazing photos of federal lands, national parks and historic sites in the National Park Foundation’s ‘Share Your Experience’ photo contest in categories of Adventure & Outdoor Recreation, Historical & Cultural, Scenic, Seasons & Landscapes, Let’s Move Outside, Wildlife + Night Skies to win cash prizes up to $10K, Celestron binoculars and Trek Guides and Annual Federal Recreation Lands Passes (on which the winning photo will be featured in 2015). Free to submit by December 31, 2014.
Washington: Willapa Bay AiR has launched its inaugural residency program on 16 acres in coastal southwest Washington State, offering month-long, self-directed residencies to emerging and established artists, writers, musicians and scholars. The Residency provides lodging, meals, and work space, at no cost, to five residents each month, from March 1 through September 30 of the year. There are no residency fees. Lodging, work space, and meals at Willapa Bay AiR are provided without charge. Residents are, however, responsible for transportation costs to and from the Residency. We do require accepted applicants to pay a $100 deposit when they confirm their residency. This deposit will be refunded upon arrival. $30 application fee; deadline to apply: July 31, 2014.
Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden or United Kingdom: Journalists and relevant media outlets that target audiences in one or more of the previously mentioned 9 European countries are eligible to apply for the Innovation in Development Reporting Grant Programme for grant funding to explore development stories. Apply by July 23, 2014.
Connecticut: Visual Artists in all media and all styles are encouraged to apply for arts residencies of two weeks to one month, November-April, on the pastoral grounds of Weir Farm National Historic Site.
- Housing: Private housing (individual apartment/cabin/house)
Artists live in a private 1800’s farmhouse on the grounds of Weir Farm National Historic Site.
- Meals: No meals/food provided
Artists provide their own groceries and meals.
- Computer/internet access: Computer and internet connection provided in living or studio area (private), Wireless Internet, Ethernet provided in living or studio area
- Accessibility: housing/grounds/studios are accessible
Studio is fully accessible. Residence has one step up to porch and another step up to threshold. One floor living.
- Studios/special equipment: Digital media, Exhibition / Installation, Fiber arts, Film / Digital editing, Painting, Photography (digital), Printmaking, Sculpture
- “Danube Delights,” an eight-day adventure between Nuremberg and Budapest
- “Classic Prague & Danube Delights,” an 11-day itinerary that adds three days in beautiful and historic Prague to the eight-day Nuremberg to Budapest sailing
- “Magical Rhine & Moselle,” a 12-day trip between Switzerland’s Basel and the canal city of Amsterdam
- “Splendors of Europe,” a 15-day exploration of many of Europe’s top sights between Amsterdam and Budapest
- “Christmas Markets of Europe,” a 15-day voyage through Christmas markets big and small in five countries
Entries will be judged on creativity, ability to inspire interest in Emerald Waterways and clarity of writing. Submission deadline: midnight PST, May 25, 2014
Worldwide: Enter the ‘Empty the Bucket’ :06 Seconds to Adventure video competition from Contiki Holidays to win 1 of 6 Grand Prize Trips worth $3,000 + $1,500 in airfare. Note: Winners must be 18 to 35 years of age at the time of travel. Deadline to submit: May 22, 2014.
No views yet