Florida: Love to dive + travel? FT Managing Editor wanted by Scuba Diving magazine, travel required
1034 Aloma Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789, USA
Scuba Diving magazines is published for scuba enthusiasts who love to dive and travel. We cover the premier dive destinations around the globe and latest dive-equipment innovations with the best writing and photography in the dive publishing industry. Editors are required to participate in diving, test gear, and write stories for print and online products. Editors are also encouraged to develop and contribute to projects outside the editorial realm: support marketing efforts, attend trade shows, etc.
1. Assist Editor in Chief in planning and assigning features department of Scuba Diving magazines, integrating content with digital, video, email and social media platforms.
2. Manage front-of-the-book and department content, including making freelancer assignments.
3. Plan and make associated travel to dive destinations for feature assignments.
FOR GEAR TESTING
1. Tests scuba gear
FOR WEB SITES
1. Work with the EIC and Online Editor to develop digital strategies. Maintain quality and consistency across our web platforms and drive increased traffic and brand visibility.
2. Post on scubadiving.com and ensure digital content plan is executed. Ensures that content complies with copyright and privacy regulations.
3. Work with the Online Editor to contribute to four monthly e-newsletters and monitor open and click-thru rates.
4. Monitor and report on web presence and traffic.
1. Help develop a video strategy and produce underwater video for scubadiving.com.
2. Ensure video production goals are met.
FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
1. Contribute to all social media platforms, especially Facebook and Twitter.
2. Develop social media strategies.
• Must have at least 1 year experience as a magazine writer and editor in a fast-paced environment
• Must be certified in scuba diving
• Must be able to test scuba gear
• Must be able to produce content for multiple channels, including print, video, web, social media and email in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of SEO. Familiarity with Drupal CMS, Silverpop and Adobe Analytics is a plus.
Interested candidates can apply directly here. Don’t forget to tell them you saw it on MDN!
Want more travel jobs like this? Subscribe to MDN’s weekly work-to-travel newsletter, for exclusive new jobs, arts opportunities and travel competitions to help you utilize your professional skills and creative talents to keep traveling the world.