Phoenix + Las Vegas: Hawaiian Airlines recruiting for new PT Airport Customer Service Pool, includes flight benefits
Terminal 2, 3400 E Sky Harbor Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85034, USA
Aloha and thank you for your interest in the Phoenix Sky Harbor + McCarran Airports Customer Service Training Pool with Hawaiian Airlines!
Candidates who apply for this requisition may be invited for a group screening process, which will be held in the Phoenix area on Thursday, March 29, 2017. Candidates who pass the group screening will be invited for a final screening, which will be held in the afternoon on the same day. Travel to the screening sessions are the responsibility of the candidate.
Candidates who apply for this requisition may be invited for a group screening process, which will be held in the McCarran International Airport on Monday, March 27, 2017. Candidates who pass the group screening will be invited for a final screening, which will be held in the afternoon on the same day and/or on Tuesday, March 28, 2017. Travel to the screening sessions are the responsibility of the candidate.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR BOTH LOCATIONS
During training: Up to 10 days full-time, typically Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted at Phoenix Sky Harbor or McCarran International Airport and is unpaid.
If hired: schdeules are awarded on a seniority basis. Schedules are only part-time and are 4 days on, 3 days off, 12 hours per week. Work schedules are set, however, may change throughout the year in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
Must be able to work any shift as follow:
- Daily: 6:15am – 9:15am OR 11:00pm – 2:00am
- Sunday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday: 3:15pm – 6:15pm
Candidates with restrictions in their availability will not continue in the recruitment process.
Pay + Benefits:
Pay for the position is in conjunction with the Collective Bargaining Agreement and is currently $12.41 per hour. Hawaiian Airlines flight benefits are offered.
About the Airport Customer Service Training Pool:
Candidates in the Airport Customer Service Training Pool can be considered for the Mainland Customer Service Representative position.
If you are successful in the screening process and identified as a candidate to be considered for our unpaid training, you will be placed into the training pool.
Final candidates from the screening process will remain in the training pool through October 31, 2017. Candidates not invited for training by then will need to re-apply for the training opportunity.
Candidates in the pool may be invited to attend unpaid classroom training provided by Hawaiian Airlines. The training session is up to two weeks (typically Monday – Friday). If invited to training, you will have an opportunity to learn general airline operations, including regulatory concepts and the Interact/Sabre computer system, which is the industry standard used by many airlines.
Mainland Customer Service Representatives (MCSRs) perform any one, or combinations of, clerical duties as assigned, necessary to the operation of Hawaiian Airlines. Such duties shall include but will not be limited to:
- ticketing passengers,
- preparing manifests and air bills,
- making reservations,
- giving information and selling to customers,
- accounting for cash and charge transactions,
- auditing and correcting sales reports and cash receipt summaries,
- verifying fare and rate changes on tickets,
- air bills and excess baggage receipts,
- balancing daily cash transactions,
- preparing daily journal entries,
- preparing various reports,
- operating such machines as keypunch, verifier, sorter, mimeograph, addressograph, office calculator and interpreter,
- checking load manifests against tickets,
- receiving, uncrating and checking material,
- issuing material,
- posting journals or stock record card, and
- operating communications and telephone switchboard operator equipment.
MCSRs will also perform work which is incidental to their primary duties. Additionally, MCSRs may be required to perform fueling of aircraft, aircraft cleaning, and assisting of loading and unloading of cargo, baggage and company material.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalency.
- Solid computer skills with the ability to learn and use new software applications.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to respond and effectively resolve guest inquiries/concerns.
- Regular attendance and punctual employee presence.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain a ramp license.
- Must have physical ability to:
- Constantly walk and stand.
- Occasionally sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Frequently lift up to 50 lbs. and ability to buddy lift more
- Occasionally open and close doors on all aircraft types
- Push or pull baggage carts
- Body art, including tattoos and body piercing (other than one stud in one lobe), shall not be exposed while performing job duties and must be covered at all times by a uniform piece or removed.
- Visible is considered anything seen while wearing a Hawaiian Airlines standard uniform piece (short-sleeved shirt or blouse), including but not limited to the neck area and above, any visible areas with arms lifted above the head, or any visible areas while in a crouching position.
- Covering tattoos with makeup, bandages or wearing a long-sleeved shirt under the short-sleeved standard uniform piece is not acceptable.
Upcoming Recruitment Events
For a full listing of upcoming Hawaiian Airlines recruitment events, click here.
Want more jobs like these? Subscribe to MDN’s weekly work-to-travel newsletter, for exclusive new jobs, arts opportunities and travel competitions to help you utilize your professional skills and creative talents to keep traveling the world.