Los Angeles: FT Staff Entertainment Photographer wanted by Getty Images, domestic + international travel required
101 S Main St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
Who You Are:
The Entertainment Photographer shoots and edits imagery (both still and video) based on the content needs of the organization. Photographers may work independently or with the direction of the directors of photography or assignments group on the event or subject. Ideally they have professional to advanced skills in all photographic areas and subjects including proficiency of digital photography, video, lighting and editing, and photographic technologies including transmitting content. They are able to shoot large scale events, client commissions and studio photography, but mostly adhere to small to medium events with lower visibility. They have the ability to maintain a client focused perspective when on assignment. They are able to build and maintain strong relationships with public relations people and celebrities. They possess strong knowledge of celebrity personalities and have solid skills shooting portraiture, fashion details, and key moments. They also have an interest becoming an expert in fashion, music, and/or celebrity candid portraits. They may be required to travel for assignment shoots for short and long term duration. Typically have 5+ years professional experience.
Your Next Challenge:
• Photographs, edits and transmits imagery for editorial and/or commercial markets.
• Writes copy, captions and general metadata required for accurate descriptions of the content.
• Maintains assigned photo and computer equipment, “gear”, to ensure proper function.
• Develops partnerships with various industry related organizations, public relations firms, celebrities and their managers.
• Fosters relationships in a strong team environment internally and externally.
What You’ll Need:
• The ability to consistently deliver quality imagery.
• Professional to advanced level abilities of these key skills:
• Digital Photography
• Image editing (including technology experience with imaging software such as Photoshop)
• Technical capabilities (transmitting, remote camera, digital manipulation, networking),
• Capturing Entertainment events, and/or studio/portraiture work
• The desire and ability to travel, domestically and internationally, on short notice and frequently
• Ability to be available to cover events on-call (on a moment’s notice) if the need arises.
• Possess superb people skills
• Equivalent undergraduate degree or requite experience required
Physical Requirements (US Only):
• Must be physically able to work for extended periods, sometimes over days or weeks, in all environments
• Must be physically able to travel, internationally and domestically
• Ability and comfort with unusual working conditions: long hours; limited or exaggerated physical movement; lack of facilities
• Must be able to maneuver or travel long distances while carrying and using photographic field equipment, including ancillary technical equipment
• Must be able to physically lift and carry between 25 and 50 lbs. of technology and photographic equipment on a regular basis
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world’s best imagery.
Interested candidates can apply directly here. Don’t forget to tell them you saw it on MDN!